Hey, Sachi Gals, welcome to Foodie Thursday! This is when we post an awesome item you can buy at the store as well as a recipe/local food find inspired by that item. Here we go!
Okay, so this adorable new top from Sachi fave TruLuv totally makes me crave all the nommable junk food. But I’m gonna be good and leave the notsohealthybutohsoyummy stuff where it’s safe – on the shirt! However, most a lot of these goodies can be made in healthier ways, without sacrificing any of the deliciousness. Today, we tackle – the French Fry.
Aren’t these fries gorgeous? I love the paper cone. Since it’s our first Foodie Thursday, I’ll just be reblogging today from the lovely Naturally Ella. I’ve posted the recipe below, but hit this link to find Ella’s original post and helpful pictures. And don’t forget – get an adult to help you when you need it, such as using a sharp knife for cutting potatoes!
- 1 large Potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- Scrub and rinse the potato before cutting it. Then cut off the ends of the potato. Next, stand it up on one end and cut 1/4″ thick slices from the potato. Take the slices and cut into narrow strips – fries!
- Once you’ve cut all your fries, place them in a medium bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss it until all the fries are well coated. Spread them out onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper*. Don’t overcrowd the pan- this will result in uneven baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flip the fries, and then bake for 10-15 more minutes until fries are crispy (35-45 minutes total.)
- Nom nom nom your delicious baked fries!
*Don’t have parchment paper at home? Cut open a brown paper lunch bag instead!